Fighting and Cuddling


Wow! What an interesting weekend. The dates were going well until Thor started thumping and Maggie didn't like it and they went at each other. No injuries, just some fur flying. I had to break it up, but was able to calm them down. I didn't want it to end badly so I put them semi-close together and pet both of them and soothed them with calm words.

Last night the date went well. I think that Thor is still learning to trust another bunny (he came from a confiscation where bunnies weren't nice to him, so I can't blame him). Thor doesn't want Maggie nipping him and will let her know. I 'assume' she either wants him to groom her or she is asserting her dominance?

One day Maggie is grooming him and the next she is nipping at him. At least they can cuddle together and eat carrots together so that is a good sign. They have just been keeping an eye on each other. There cages are next to each other and I noticed that Maggie has been laying on the side so she is close to Thor (very cute!). She wants to cuddle!

Thor does know how to groom! Last night while I had him out he groomed my sweatshirt, now if he could just do that to Maggie she would LOVE it.

It could be a lot worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Advertisement