A trio?


Maggie and Thor have been getting along better. Bringing Thor along with Maggie to her bunny agility classes has helped. I think the car ride has brought them closer. I thought that Maggie was the dominant bunny, but realized over the weekend that Thor is. When Thor pushes his head under Maggie he EXPECTS her to groom him, and she does. Maggie's tongue is going to get tired from all those kisses she is giving.

Just when things are going well, why not throw a third bunny into the mix. I saw Gadget on the MCRS website and fell in love. Those cute lop ears and gray and white marking. I spoke with his foster mom about him and found out what a great boy he has become. Then I started wondering if I would be able to take on a trio. So I met Gadget at a bonding class and brought along Thor and Maggie. The 'date' went well. Gadget seemed more interested in Thor then Maggie, but all was good. Gadget just smooched into the pile-o-buns.

That was neutral territory. We tried dating them last night and it was chaotic. Gadget started mounting Thor and he didn't like it. So we put them all next to each other and pet them all. They were pretty content and Maggie even groomed BOTH bunnies. Then I left to get the camera and Dave shouted 'Taryn, I need you!' Gadget started mounting Maggie and Maggie didn't like it then Thor was going wild and Dave needed three hands. So we tried to calm everyone down and end the date on a good note.

Will have to see how this week goes. I was just getting the hang of this dating thing and now a new bunny has been added to the mix so we will see what happens.

Just to give you an idea, Gadget is 1/3 of Maggie and Thor's size. I just picture that one day Gadget will happily be smooched in between her two black beauties!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Advertisement