Sam and Dan

We have a new poster for Bunny Meets Bunny! Ashley writes:

"I rescued Sam almost 4 years ago and have been in love with rabbits ever since. I actually had gone to the shelter with the intention to adopt a dog, but she stole my heart and I knew she was the one. I had never had a bunny before, or even been around them really, so we have had quite the learning experience. Through it all she has been amazingly patient and affectionate, and has become my best friend.

"I am a graduate student and the long hours have finally pushed me to find her a mate. About a month and a half ago I rescued Dan, a harlequin Holland lop boy. He was physically in very rough shape, so I have been spending most of that time rehabbing him. He wasn't yet strong enough to be neutered, so he hasn't actually even met Sam yet. He had horrible malocclusion and was very malnourished when I got him. My vet trimmed his teeth to be more functional, I have carefully monitored his diet and he has since put on almost a pound of weight. She originally said she didn't think his chances of survival were very high, but he has defied that judgment by being the most loving, cuddly, happy rabbit ever. She is so impressed with his progress that we are ready to get him neutered in 2 weeks. Once he has recovered, I will finally start the process of bonding my bunnies.

"I would love to share their story with other people in the hope that it will encourage and help anyone else out there thinking of adding to their family. Really the main reason I waited so long to try to find a friend for Sam was that I was intimidated by the whole idea of bonding. But through my years with Sam (and knowing her emotions practically as well as my own) and much extensive research, I was confident we could do it. I think their temperaments are perfect for each other and can't wait to introduce them!"

Check back often to see how things work out between Sam and Dan!

THE CAST

Sam: A Bunny Ready to Bond

Dan: Recovering But Cuddly

 

No comments:

Post a Comment


Advertisement